What you need to Know
We are on 12 acres in Kansas City Missouri. Kansas City International Airport is just 45 min away. Uber and Lyft are easily utilized and major hotels are with in 10 minutes of our location for pre/post journeys. Shadow Calling is located on a farm set back in time.
The farm was built in 1927. The land has been maintained as wild grassland form 1949 to present. We have are an accepted butterfly sanctuary by the Dept of Conservation and have devoted 2 acres to indigenous wild flowers. There are Bee hives on the land as well as free range chickens to keep bug and tick populations low. This is a no kill farm. Our grasslands are certified organic and we supply hay to local farmers.
We have partnered with Café Gratitude. While in the retreat two raw vegan meals and a liter of cold pressed juice will be delivered daily. Starting with you first meal in the light so you can become acclimated. All meals are designed to be eaten in the dark and offer complete nutrition. Mixed sea salt roasted nuts are available as a snack as well.
Café Gratitude also offers a 10 journey prep that is highly recommended for local patrons.
Fasting, or any other detoxing, is discouraged while in a darkness retreat. The darkness is strong enough.
Pruvit is preferred supplement for 10 day prep and drink while you stay. If you consume caffeine, get the charged version to offset withdrawal.
Your Host, Brian
I work with people who feel they have reached a plateau, burned out, or irrelevant. My greatest pleasure is help others connect to source, so they can heal themselves, and ultimately, heal others.
Growing up on a row crop farm just about an hour outside of Kansas City, my parents and two brothers farmed about 1,000 acres. Christian in origin and now I enjoy studying all religions and source expansion theories. I am not a physician or a therapist. Some people have called me a healer only because I have learned to manifest and now help guide people to heal themselves. Professionally I've worked in hospitals for since 2006 in medical imagining. Biodynamic Breathwork Trauma Systems is my preferred breathwork modality and the most pivotal Complementary Healing Modality I know.
Thank you for taking a moment to read about me.
In 2018 I arrived at the tower moment in my life. The rare opportunity that so many people consider rock-bottom was a moment of rebirth for me. I feel blessed to of had the opportunity to study breath work that year with Giten Tonkov and Biodynamic Breath and Trauma Release Systems. BBTRS has become a profoundly Pivotal science in my life. My search for a deeper spiritual connection lead me to Costa Rica in 2019 to study and participate in a plant medicine ceremony lasting 12 days. The medicine is called Yajé, a variation of ayahuasca. Taken with and in sacred tradition as the northern Aztec tribes of long ago. During my ceremony I was reading a book on darkness retreats and it became very aware that none of this was by chance. The Gaia spirit of Yajé is known as grandmother. She was direct in her guidance to have me design, but not build, a darkness space for others to find a higher source. I was so confused on the message. I’m very driven when a goal and direction is presented. It was a difficult concept for me to have such clear direction, but also be directed not to act. I designed and waited for further instructions. The next year I attended a much different ceremonial event. This time it was Bufo, an animal tribal medicine originating in South America. This medicine has nothing to do with the earth and everything to do with spirit. Again the darkness retreat was delivered to me as a life goal. Not nearly as something that I would try… And again the message was to wait. Prepare and wait. The message was so overwhelming that I was just a brace myself for what was coming next… The following month North America went on lockdown from Covid. Now is my time for expansion. In August 2020 I was in a breath session with a dear friend of mine and my higher power dropped the bomb that now is the time.
Expectations and Intentions
When preparing for your journey there are three topics to consider.
Diete’ is actually a major player in your intention. Next is climate and physical needs while in your here in a Mediation Shelter. Lastly, is the trip home and integration.
Diete’ is not only what you eat. The mental, emotional and physical preparation is vital to your desired outcome. The shelters act as a conduit to a higher power.
● Raw vegan and/or a vegan keto supplement is how we have found it best to move into the space most open to receiving.
● Here in Kansas City we have partnered with Café Gratitude to offer a 10 day meal journey prep.
● Pruvit is our preferred keto drink supplement for the 10 challenge. Both options are available for preorder. Of course if you are traveling to Kansas City, the Pruvit drink may be easier to order directly to your home.
● If you consume caffeine on a regular basis, I will recommend the Pruvit Charged option. Your stay here will be expansive enough without including withdrawal. We don’t want any detoxing from any substances during your stay. This includes tobacco, sugar and anything that may conflict with a clear mind, body and soul connection.
● Meals here are provided by Café Gratitude and consist of two raw vegan meals a daily with two cold pressed juices. Eating is done by hand.
● Preorder is necessary for both options, and order forms can be found on the website.
● Mental and emotional preparation is combined hand and hand. Emotional prep is repairing or settling loose ends. Please understand fixing life long issues is not the expectation. However, shifting your perspective to release anchors , such as unresolved conflicts, and focusing on your surrender into the journey is important. It’s ideal to come here with forgiveness and grace in your heart.
● We encourage you to establish a spiritual connection prior to your stay. This means, meditative daily practice leading up to the journey of at least 30 minutes daily for two weeks prior. You may fill this meditation regiment with any form you are called to. Examples include; chi gong, yoga, prayer, Osho. I prefer breathwork. We offer BBTRS breathwork and can prepare you.
● You must have something to resource with. This is deep work and will take you to a new level.
Climate and provisions in the shelters.
● The room is kept at 70* and is not adjustable. It is important to accept your energy will drastically fluctuate your internal temperature. There is no way to keep the room at a temperature synchronistic to your feelings. The room is fully equipped with extra pillow, blankets and towels to aid in comfort needs.
● There is a filtered water dispenser with 5 gallons, as well as a fresh water cleansing sink.
● Hot towels with essential oils are delivered daily with the meals. Moist wipes are provided for the toilet.
● The toilet is waterless. Swiss built Separata is an eco-friendly toilet that separates waste, saving water and insulating external energy. The appearance is that of a traditional toilet.
● Every step has been taken to isolate external energy.
● The main meditation Shelter is all concrete and has earth contact on four sides.
● The only power sources coming in is heating and cooling, and very limited lighting.
● There is an emergency button with communication capabilities.
● A Mindfold Blindfold is provided to prevent any light accidents that are anticipated. This blindfold allows you to open your eyes and maintain complete darkness.
● The front portion of the shelter contains the sink, desk and toilet. This area is dark to the unadjusted eye. Due to the passage for food and door, this area has small light leaks. The blindfold is encouraged here.
● The rear shelter are completely dark. This space is set up with a bed, shelf and chest of drawers.
● It is vital that no light accidents occur.
● This is a solo journey. It is important that you don’t interact. We can only truly heal ourselves.
Integration can take months.
● Walk softly through this expansion, but walk constantly with purpose.
● Personal zoom breath sessions can be scheduled.
● Immediate needs will be a place to stay the night after and a hot shower. We recommend staying with in 10 minutes drive the day after.
● Coming out is slow and gentle. We will guide you through these moments of rebirth. Coming into the light again for the first time is magical. This experience needs to be mostly you….. the work and the benefit.
The days before and the day after....
Preparing for this commitment.